Mx Business & Diplomacy
A high school curriculum for future movers and shakers.
Students who aspire to pursue management, entrepreneurship, finance, law and international careers will thrive in the world of possibilities available in Maryknoll’s new Mx Scholar Program for Business & Diplomacy.
The program’s advanced curriculum includes classes in business, marketing, economics, personal finance and entrepreneurship. Other courses cover the introductory fundamentals for law and legal procedures, the justice system, education system and government. Students engage in Socratic discussions and student-driven group projects exploring contemporary global issues.
Students have the option of participating in Maryknoll’s International Programs that include mission trips and home stays in countries like China, the Philippines and the Marshall Islands. Maryknoll’s foreign language courses include Mandarin, Hawaiian, Japanese and Spanish.
Professional mentors and internships in high school give students exposure to real-world career paths and opportunities in business, law, government and international relations.
THE FUTURE OF NEXT
Maryknoll School offers a new model of education that blends classroom and real world. This “academic honeycomb” shows the six types of learning resources that help students become 21st century learners, leaders and global citizens of character:
- Advanced Curriculum offering individualized learning guided by instructors who are professionals in the fields driving the careers of the future.
- Project-Based Learning through hands-on studies that bring concepts to life.
- Internships in high school to gain experience and develop professional maturity.
- Mentors who are industry professionals sharing real-world insights and career paths.
- College Excellence as a focus so students are prepared to stand out to outstanding universities.
- Leadership opportunities and development, including exemplifying the school’s motto, Noblesse Oblige, which means, “To whom much is given, much is expected.”