Mx Creative Arts & Expression
Your child’s talents deserve center stage.
Whether your child excels on stage, in an ensemble or in the studio, Maryknoll’s new Mx Scholar Program for Creative Arts & Expression will empower his or her creative soul to shine.
This program encompasses all aspects of the creative arts from classical to contemporary. Mx Creative Arts & Expression includes courses in a wide variety of disciplines such as drawing, painting, sculpture, graphic design, photography, mixed media, acting and improvisation, band, choir and even creative activism. Students explore aesthetics, fine art techniques and various forms of storytelling to develop their own artistic voice and vision.
Professional mentors and internships will offer opportunities for students to gain a deeper understanding in high school of the types of career pathways in the creative industries, including exposure to the business aspects of creative professions.
THE FUTURE OF NEXT
Maryknoll School offers a new model of education that blends classroom and real world. This “academic honeycomb” shows the six types of learning resources that help students become 21st century learners, leaders and global citizens of character:
- Advanced Curriculum offering individualized learning guided by instructors who are professionals in the fields driving the careers of the future.
- Project-Based Learning through hands-on studies that bring concepts to life.
- Internships in high school to gain experience and develop professional maturity.
- Mentors who are industry professionals sharing real-world insights and career paths.
- College Excellence as a focus so students are prepared to stand out to outstanding universities.
- Leadership opportunities and development, including exemplifying the school’s motto, Noblesse Oblige, which means, “To whom much is given, much is expected.”