Every step prepares your child to continue to excel.
At Maryknoll, grades 3-5 represent an important time when students begin to work independently and in groups, tackle assignments that require planning and organization, and put their inner ‘detective’ to the test with critical thinking and problem solving.
Students can join our Grade School Robotics Team, which won the Amaze Award at the international VEX Worlds competition last year. Hands-on learning through science experiments and gardening deepens students’ understanding of the natural environment. Projects like Mini Society let students express their inner entrepreneur. Students are exposed to a variety of creative arts, including music, dance and drawing. All students study Mandarin language.
In grades 4 and 5, students can participate in athletics through the Christian School Athletic League (CSAL), through which they begin to learn and develop fundamental skills in sports such as basketball, volleyball, and track and field.
At Maryknoll, we provide classroom experiences that follow five types of Learning Criteria to prepare students to be highly skilled and successful in school and beyond.
- Foundation Learning sets the knowledge and skill levels that all students are required to achieve at every grade level.
- Stretch Learning allows students to challenge themselves through interdisciplinary activities, honors courses, pursuing career interests and earning specialized certificates.
- Personal Skill Development focuses on social and emotional growth through leadership skills, collaboration, team building and service learning.
- Learner Engagement with teachers, peers and the school community provides students with intrinsic motivation and a sense of satisfaction, belonging and accomplishment.
- Student-Centered Learning enables students to have input in what and how they learn, often working in collaboration with other students to complete projects.