Your child’s passions are our priority.
The preparation for high school, college and career begins in middle school at Maryknoll.
Our faculty and staff help each student hone his or her talents. Rigorous academics in math, science, English and history challenge students to become critical thinkers and problem solvers.
Courses in design, modeling, automation and robotics inspire students to apply theories to the real world. Class trips to Hawaii Island (6th grade), Hong Kong and Taiwan (7th grade), and Washington, D.C. (8th grade) bring social studies lessons to life. Progressive electives in band, choir, art and drama enable students to go deep in the creative arts. All students study Mandarin language.
Athletics through the Christian School Athletic League (CSAL) for grade 6 and the Interscholastic League of Honolulu (ILH) for grades 7-8 give scholar-athletes the chance to compete in two dozen sports.
Our Spartans complete eighth grade ready to transition to a high school Mx Scholar Program of their choice.
At Maryknoll, we provide classroom experiences that follow five types of Learning Criteria to prepare students to be highly skilled and successful in school and beyond.
- Foundation Learning sets the knowledge and skill levels that all students are required to achieve at every grade level.
- Stretch Learning allows students to challenge themselves through interdisciplinary activities, honors courses, pursuing career interests and earning specialized certificates.
- Personal Skill Development focuses on social and emotional growth through leadership skills, collaboration, team building and service learning.
- Learner Engagement with teachers, peers and the school community provides students with intrinsic motivation and a sense of satisfaction, belonging and accomplishment.
- Student-Centered Learning enables students to have input in what and how they learn, often working in collaboration with other students to complete projects.