Mx Medical Innovation
Get a head start toward college and careers in health care.
Maryknoll’s new Mx Scholar Program for Medical Innovation is focused on the growing opportunities in the health care field.
Students who aspire to be physicians, nurses, physical therapists, biomedical engineers or other medical professions will explore all aspects from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation.
Using cutting-edge technology on zSpace virtual reality computers, students will learn about human anatomy and systems. Courses explore topics like infectious diseases, cancer treatment, immunology, surgery, pharmacology and more.
Professional mentors and internships in high school will enable students to gain real-world experience in health care and research settings. Senior year culminates with a capstone project on a topic chosen by the student ranging from public health and biomedical engineering to clinical medicine and physiology.
THE FUTURE OF NEXT
Maryknoll School offers a new model of education that blends classroom and real world. This “academic honeycomb” shows the six types of learning resources that help students become 21st century learners, leaders and global citizens of character:
- Advanced Curriculum offering individualized learning guided by instructors who are professionals in the fields driving the careers of the future.
- Project-Based Learning through hands-on studies that bring concepts to life.
- Internships in high school to gain experience and develop professional maturity.
- Mentors who are industry professionals sharing real-world insights and career paths.
- College Excellence as a focus so students are prepared to stand out to outstanding universities.
- Leadership opportunities and development, including exemplifying the school’s motto, Noblesse Oblige, which means, “To whom much is given, much is expected.”